Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by jblack4 <th...@accenture.com> on 2008/09/25 17:33:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Re[users@httpd] verse proxy and consistant URL for two public entry points

Curious how this could be accomplished, I have tried several ideas using url
rewrite and proxying, without the desired effect.

I have two URL Locations specified in httpd.conf, but want to reverse proxy
them both to the same location.  We haave this working currently.  The trick
now is to make the URL either be the same, or otherwise look the same to
both client and proxied service.  The reason being the cookies on the proxed
service need to as if there were no proxy involved.

So if we have 2 Location elements with url patterns:
<Location /ldap/>
    ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/
    ProxyPassreverse http://localhost:8080/

and
<Location /cert/>
    ProxyPass http://localhost:8080/
    ProxyPassreverse http://localhost:8080/

What Apache magic can we use so that the the client sees the /ldap/ or
/cert/ parts of the URL dropped

http://myproxy.com/ldap/proxied-app
http://myproxy.com/cert/proxied-app

are processed and then become: