Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by MSR <ms...@iitk.ac.in> on 2009/01/21 12:15:59 UTC

Lucene Indexing and Search Policy

Hi,

Does Lucene take into consideration anything other than the frequency of
the query words in a document? If it does, what are the other
considerations?
If it is purely based on word frequency, is it appropriate for Internet
based search (where we need to consider reference count also)?

Thank you,
Ram

Re: Lucene Indexing and Search Policy

Posted by Anshum <an...@gmail.com>.
Its about building a custom similarity class that scores using your
normalization factors etc.
This might help in that case,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/lucene/java-user/69553
--