Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Simon Fell <SF...@LeapFrog.com> on 2002/11/27 01:21:49 UTC

SimpleAxisServer & ?wsdl

I've managed to deploy a class via the command line
org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient to a service running under the
SimpleAxisServer, but any attempt to look at the wsdl using
http://localhost:6060/services/echo?WSDL return a SOAP Fault message "The
AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke! targetService is
null" attempts to look at the WSDL for the default admin and version
services also return the same error, should ?WSDL work with SimpleAxisServer
? This is on Axis 1.0 release on OSX. Also an attempt to call the service
generates the same error.

Thanks
Simon

Re: RPC and message communication

Posted by Pae Choi <pa...@earthlink.net>.
SimpleAxisServer & ?wsdlOpps. I meant that "style=document" or "style=rpc".

Pae

Posted by niksa_os <ni...@hotmail.com>.
SimpleAxisServer & ?wsdlCan I make client with RPC and server with message, and vice-versa, to communicate?

Re: SimpleAxisServer & ?wsdl

Posted by Xander van der Merwe <xa...@softtech.co.nz>.
SimpleAxisServer & ?wsdlSome things to check (I've not tried it with the Axis server, only under Orion):

1. Running http://localhost:6060/services/AxisServlet do you see the newly deployed service in the list of services? Do the other services work if you click on the hyperlinks?

2. Check the WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd file - are the following elements correct:
    <service name="MySampleService" provider="java:RPC">
      <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="*"/>                   <-- note that you need to expose at least some methods
      <parameter name="className" value="com.acme.YourClassName"/>

3. Make sure you classes are in the WEB-INF/classes folder structure (although that would probably give a noclassfound exception). Also check that axis.jar is on the classpath.

Xander

Re: SimpleAxisServer & ?wsdl

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Simon, the SimpleAxisServer is really for testing, a lot of things dont work
on it. But if the service itself isnt invokable, then something bad may be
happening.