Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2002/07/22 20:39:10 UTC

Re[2]: Apache Authentication

Hello Kevin,

That is something that one of the Tomcat developers will need to
answer.  I haven't not successfully implemented any fallback...such as
when I access my contexts directly through port 8080 bypassing Apache.
I think if you add the necessary stuff in the web.xml to do BASIC
auth and then access via port 80 through Apache+mod_jk, you will be
prompted to log in there and then again in your app.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Jake

Best regards,

Servlets using old classes

Posted by Kevin Andryc <ka...@miser.umass.edu>.
I updated a class file in my web application. The problem is that my servlet
that uses that class file isn't picking up the changes. It seems to be still
using the old class file. I restarted Tomcat, but when I access my servlet,
it still has signs that it is using the old class file. How is this so?
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Andryc