Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Martes Wigglesworth <mw...@redhat.com> on 2017/10/23 15:36:19 UTC

Inquiry about how ActiveMQ has no support for settings and getters which existed in Legacy AMQ-5.x

Greetings Justin.

Do you have any time to chat about the artemis implementation of
ActiveMQConnectionFactory, and why the setters and getters were removed?

We are working on integration of AMQ with bigdata tools and they are
expecting AMQ-Artemis to behave as old AMQConnectionFactory used to.

By this I am referencing the omission of an exposed interface for setting
and getting brokerURL.

Any insight on this topic would be appreciated, since I looked at a patch
and it required either a legacy named wrapper of ActiveMQConnectionFactory,
or ActiveMQJMSConnectionFactory, to re-insert the setBrokerURL and
getBrokerURL.

I figured this would get a huge "heck-no" from the team if I attempted to
create an issue, and submit a pull request, so I wanted to verify the
situation before moving forward.  (This is due to NiagraFiles requiring
access to the brokerURL property, because of the assumed accessor methods
which existed in AMQ prior to artemis.)

Is there an internal AMQ dev list that I can get on, at RH?

I was reading through the user-list just now, and someone made reference to
the AMP specification, and how certain property are immutable due to this
specification.

Is that possibly the source for the change in api?

I am new to AMQ-Artemis source, so I may have missed some documented reason
for this change, and would appreciate any info, including a "RTFM" link.

Also, would this be more of a "user-list" post?

Re: Inquiry about how ActiveMQ has no support for settings and getters which existed in Legacy AMQ-5.x

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
Feel free to send a PR If you need any method at the connection
factory though. or any properties that are not exposed.

Clebert Suconic

Re: Inquiry about how ActiveMQ has no support for settings and getters which existed in Legacy AMQ-5.x

Posted by Martes Wigglesworth <mw...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Martes Wigglesworth <mw...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.