Posted to user@helix.apache.org by kishore g <g....@gmail.com> on 2017/08/10 03:55:40 UTC

Documentation of setting up controller as service

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45406255/how-to-setup-apache-helix-controller-in-controller-as-a-service-mode

Does anyone know the steps to set up the controller as a service? Let's
update the documentation and also answer the question on stack over flow.

Re: Documentation of setting up controller as service

Posted by Lei Xia <lx...@linkedin.com>.
We need a document or tutorial for that.  A missing step here is they need to create a super cluster, run their controller against the super cluster and link their cluster to the super cluster.

Let me compile a simple steps and answer the user's questions in stackoverflow first, then we can create a detailed manual from that.

Lei

Lei Xia
Senior Software Engineer
Data Infra

LinkedIn

lxia@linkedin.com<ma...@linkedin.com>
www.linkedin.com/in/lxia1<http://www.linkedin.com/in/lxia1>

Since we already have command line tools for Helix, a tutorial of using
command line to setup controller and participant is enough for that? We can
run controller standalone or in distributed model with command line.

Posted by Xue Junkai <jx...@apache.org>.

Posted by Xue Junkai <jx...@apache.org>.