Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jon Wilmoth <JW...@starbucks.com> on 2007/08/10 01:44:44 UTC

Logger methods...where's the message format from 1.3?

I'm currently using 1.3 alpha 8 and recently downloaded 1.2.14 to see if
it was time to make the switch.  It appears that the message formatting
signatures (e.g. Logger.trace(String messagePattern, Object arg1, Object
arg2) ) are gone in the latest mainstream release.  I was just curious
what happened?  Has it been replaced by some other mechanism?  The alpha
8 signatures would've been nice to also have a Object[] substitution
param, but the one and two substitution param args were workable.

Thanks,
Jon