Posted to users@flex.apache.org by skvsarathyourfriend <sk...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/11 14:08:12 UTC

Twitter integration in flex app

After heavy googling and  reading many blogs regarding twitter integration i
got confused.
should we use Oauth.sc and other SWCs??? can u please guide me for getting
me out from this.
thanks.

Re: Twitter integration in flex app

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
I recently built and open sourced an example Twitter based mobile app for
my 360Flex presentation.  All the code is available here [1]

The original source for the Twitter-AS3-API is here [2]  I modified the
project and updated it to Twitter's 1.1 API.

With Twitter API 1.1, you need to be authenticated to call any of Twitter's
API.   The example shows how to use web based authentication in an mobile
AIR environment.  You should be able to easily modify it for the web.

Thanks,
Om

[1] https://github.com/bigosmallm/TwitterTrends
[2] https://github.com/dborisenko/twitter-actionscript-api

Posted by Jeffry Houser <je...@dot-com-it.com>.
  I didn't think there was a way to get access to data without using
OAuth; however the most current information on accessing twitter APIs is
here:

  https://dev.twitter.com/

  "In the beginning" it was very easy to access twitter APIs and twitter
was used for examples in a lot of languages.  That has changed over the
years as twitter grew up.  Googling you may find a lot of those old
examples.

  In the context of Flex, I suspect you're going to have to either user
an AIR app or server-side OAuth in order to avoid cross-domain issues.
[But, don't quote me on that]

  Good luck!

On 7/11/2014 8:08 AM, skvsarathyourfriend wrote:
> After heavy googling and  reading many blogs regarding twitter integration i
> got confused.
> should we use Oauth.sc and other SWCs??? can u please guide me for getting
> me out from this.
> thanks.

Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur