Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by dsmith <ds...@gestalt-llc.com> on 2006/08/10 22:53:38 UTC

Jabber Question

I'm using Wildfire from Jive as my jabber server.

my servicemix.xml looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns:sm="http://servicemix.apache.org/config/1.0"
       xmlns:foo="http://servicemix.org/demo/">

<sm:container id="jbi" useMBeanServer="false" createMBeanServer="false"
dumpStats="true" statsInterval="10">

	<sm:activationSpecs>
  		<sm:activationSpec componentName="myJabberSender"
service="foo:myJabberSender" endpoint="myJabberSender">
  			<sm:component>
				<bean
class="org.apache.servicemix.components.jabber.JabberGroupChatSender">
				    <property name="host" value="b-0515"/>
				    <property name="port" value="5222"/>
				    <property name="resource" value="localhost"/>
				    <property name="room" value="servicemix@conference.b-0515"/>
				    <property name="password" value="account"/>
				    <property name="user" value="myaccount"/>
				</bean>
			</sm:component>
		</sm:activationSpec>
	</sm:activationSpecs>
</sm:container >
 </beans>

Here's the start method being called by the JabberGroupChatSender class.
It attempts to create an account every time servicemix is started.
public abstract class JabberComponentSupport {

    public void start() throws JBIException {
        try {
            if (connection == null) {
                if (port > 0) {
                    connection = new XMPPConnection(host, port);
                }
                else {
                    connection = new XMPPConnection(host);
                }
            }
            if (login && !connection.isAuthenticated()) {
                if (user != null) {
                    AccountManager accountManager = new
AccountManager(connection);
                    accountManager.createAccount(user, password);

                    log.info("Logging in to Jabber as user: " + user + " on
connection: " + connection);
                    connection.login(user, password, resource);
                }
                else {
                    log.info("Logging in anonymously to Jabber on
connection: " + connection);
                    connection.loginAnonymously();
                }
            }
        }
        catch (XMPPException e) {
            throw new JBIException("Failed to login to Jabber. Reason: " +
e, e);
        }
    }

I have to delete the account before I start servicemix or I'll get a big
stack trace and servicemix won't start.  This doesn't seem correct and I
missing something here?

Also, the chat room doesn't appear to get created.  Has anyone else managed
to get this working ?

Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.