Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by alan bryan <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/13 17:37:56 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.2.3 and mod_auth_pgsql

Hello,

I have a FreeBSD 6.1 machine with Apache 2.2.3 installed from FreeBSD
ports.  I also installed the mod_auth_pgsql2 port.  I used my same .htaccess
file from my old working setup of Apache 2.0 and mod_auth_pgsql and this
fails with the new setup.  The error I receive is:

"No Authn provider configured"

So, this has something to do with the authentication stuff in Apache 2.2 but
I'm not sure how to fix this.  I don't want to use the new apache
authentication, simply to continue using mod_auth_pgsql2.

Here's my .htaccess:

AuthName "Administration Area"
AuthType basic

Auth_PG_host localhost
Auth_PG_port 5432
Auth_PG_encrypted on
Auth_PG_user username
Auth_PG_database dbname
Auth_PG_pwd_table users
Auth_PG_uid_field username
Auth_PG_pwd_field password

require user username

So, do I need to add some line about some Authn provider?  The docs on
apache.org don't really discuss how to do this when using a 3rd party module
such as mod_auth_pgsql.

Thanks,
Alan