Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Ben Smith <be...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/06 12:58:02 UTC

Restful Messages Interface

Hi all,

Do we have any code for the handling of the (optional) messages
interface (in the Java side of things)?
http://opensocial-resources.googlecode.com/svn/spec/draft/REST-API.xml#rfc.section.10

Interestingly, the spec says that if this is not supported then a
request to /messages should result in a 403 Not Implemented response,
currently (at least in the Java implementation) a 501 is returned.

Do we have a plan for providing a MessageHandler, MessageService and
sample implementation? Does anyone have any code that could be used for
this?

Cheers,
Ben Smith
BBC

Re: Restful Messages Interface

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.
FYI php-shindig already has these classes implemented (and you can actually
use it on www.partuza.nl), it would be nice if we tried to keep the params
identical between the php and java versions (they are now), since that helps
guarantee identical behavior.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/shindig/trunk/php/src/social/spi/MessagesService.php

So if that definition doesn't work for you, please do let me know what you
want to change it too :)