Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by James Shaw <he...@btopenworld.com> on 2005/03/03 15:28:29 UTC

Re: Possible namespace bug regarding

James Shaw wrote:

> My apologies if this is fixed in CVS, I'm still using 1.5.1
>
> There appears to be a bug with referencing external fonts from an
> altGlyph.
> This works fine (it display a treble clef):
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
> <text x="10" y="10"><altGlyph
> xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
> xlink:href="file:/home/jshaw/Programming/cadenza/cadenza/build/uk/co/datumedge/cadenza/typeset/fonts/lilypond-feta.svg#trebleclef">?</altGlyph></text>
>
> </svg>
>
> Where as this fails to find/load/display the font (it display as
> question mark):
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <svg:svg xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
> <svg:text x="10" y="10"><svg:altGlyph
> xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
> xlink:href="file:/home/jshaw/Programming/cadenza/cadenza/build/uk/co/datumedge/cadenza/typeset/fonts/lilypond-feta.svg#trebleclef">?</svg:altGlyph></svg:text>
>
> </svg:svg>
>
> Sorry I can't offer a full testcase, but it's difficult for me to pull
> out the relevant pieces from my application.

Just a gentle poke to see if anyone can provide information on this
problem.  It's rather critical to my application, since I need to be
able to preview SVGs in swing as well as output PDFs.

Thanks
James Shaw

Re: Possible namespace bug regarding

Posted by James Shaw <he...@btopenworld.com>.
Thomas DeWeese wrote:

> James Shaw wrote:
>
>> Just a gentle poke to see if anyone can provide information on this
>> problem.  It's rather critical to my application, since I need to be
>> able to preview SVGs in swing as well as output PDFs.
>

>   Sorry, I committed the fix for this last night.
>   I think it went in early enough that you can just get the nightly
> source dump if you don't want to deal with CVS.

Many thanks, Thomas, everything's working very nicely now!
James Shaw

Re: Possible namespace bug regarding

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.