Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2015/12/14 22:47:26 UTC

docker issue reported in IRC

>From over the weekend: https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/chat/2015/12/11/

Perhaps only occurs when using Docker directly in Linux.  Using docker-machine
with a VM host, I haven't had that issue.

Probably not a way to get back in touch with the user, but would be good for us
to fix if its a problem

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal

Re: docker issue reported in IRC

Posted by Igor Bondarenko <je...@gmail.com>.
I've seen something similar trying to help new developers to set up Allura.

The thing is you can't run docker without being a root
https://docs.docker.com/engine/installation/ubuntulinux/#create-a-docker-group

So, users need to create a `docker` group or use sudo for every command. I
think we might want to indicate this in the docs explicitly.

I'm not sure it is exactly this issue here, but given the amount of
information it seems it is.