Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yael Lorenzo <ya...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/09 15:48:53 UTC

Atomic Update In One Field as Transaction Update

Hi everyone,

I have arrived to a situation where we are performing atomic updates in
multiple fields
and if only one field has the correct operation modifier the rest of the
fields will be treated similarly.

I am not sure if this is a bug or a Feature.

Example Updating Part of a Document
If the following document exists in our collection:

{"id":"unique",
 "price":1,
 "category":"801",
 "name":"gadget"
}

And we apply the following update command:

{"id":"unique",
 "price":{"set":99},
 "category":"802"
}

The resulting document in our collection will be:

{"id":"unique",
 "price":99,
 "category":"802",
 "name":"gadget"
}

I send attached a git patch that include the test
testAtomicUpdateSetOneFieldImpactOthers

i would like to know if we could improve documentation, tell me if this is
intentional or left behind.

Thanks in advance!

Yael