Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> on 2003/06/23 07:23:55 UTC

[VOTE] FileUpload 1.0 Final Release Plan

Release Candidate 1 of the Commons FileUpload component has proved to be
stable, with no new showstopper issues reported since that release, and
only minor documentation updates applied.

Therefore, I propose that the tip of the main trunk in CVS be released as
FileUpload 1.0 Final. I will act as the Release Manager.

Vote:  FileUpload 1.0 Final Release Plan
[ ] +1 I am in favor of the release, and will help support it.
[ ] +0 I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it.
[ ] -0 I am not in favor of the release.
[ ] -1 I am against this proposal (must include a reason).

Here's my own +1.

--
Martin Cooper

Re: [VOTE] FileUpload 1.0 Final Release Plan

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I read a mail a while ago about the release candidate of fileupload that
> explain this release break tomcat!?

Some changes to FileUpload did break the *nightly* build of Tomcat, but a
patch was provided and has been applied, so there is no longer a problem.

> Is it true?
>
> If yes, which version of tomcat are affected?

You'll need to ask the Tomcat team about that, but I believe currently
only the nightly builds of Tomcat 4.x and 5.x use the latest FileUpload.

> As Debian maintainer  of fileupload, I'd like to know if  I have to tell
> Debian users if they have to  upgrade tomcat (and which version) if they
> install Fileupload v1.0.

Tomcat bundles its own copy of FileUpload, as do several other projects,
so that issues like this do not occur. If someone tried to *replace* the
version bundled with an older version of Tomcat with FileUpload 1.0, that
would cause a problem for the Tomcat apps that use it. However, using
FileUpload 1.0 in your own apps running on top of Tomcat should not be a
problem, since you will be the one writing to the FileUpload API.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Arnaud Vandyck <ar...@ulg.ac.be>.
Hi all,

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org> writes:

>On Monday 23 June 2003 01:23, Martin Cooper wrote:
>> Release Candidate 1 of the Commons FileUpload component has proved to be
>> stable, with no new showstopper issues reported since that release, and
>> only minor documentation updates applied.
>>
>> Therefore, I propose that the tip of the main trunk in CVS be released as
>> FileUpload 1.0 Final. I will act as the Release Manager.

>> Vote:  FileUpload 1.0 Final Release Plan
>> [x] +1 I am in favor of the release, and will help support it.
>> [ ] +0 I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it.
>> [ ] -0 I am not in favor of the release.
>> [ ] -1 I am against this proposal (must include a reason).
>>
>> Here's my own +1.

>....and here's my (non-binding) +1

Same here (non-binding) +1

	Regards
		Henning

--- Quote of the week: "It is pointless to tell people anything when
you know that they won't process the message." --- Jonathan Revusky

Re: [VOTE] FileUpload 1.0 Final Release Plan

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
On Monday 23 June 2003 01:23, Martin Cooper wrote:
> Release Candidate 1 of the Commons FileUpload component has proved to be
> stable, with no new showstopper issues reported since that release, and
> only minor documentation updates applied.
>
> Therefore, I propose that the tip of the main trunk in CVS be released as
> FileUpload 1.0 Final. I will act as the Release Manager.

> Vote:  FileUpload 1.0 Final Release Plan
> [x] +1 I am in favor of the release, and will help support it.
> [ ] +0 I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it.
> [ ] -0 I am not in favor of the release.
> [ ] -1 I am against this proposal (must include a reason).
>
> Here's my own +1.

....and here's my (non-binding) +1

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist

Re: [VOTE] FileUpload 1.0 Final Release Plan

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by dion gillard <di...@multitask.com.au>.
Martin Cooper wrote:

> Therefore, I propose that the tip of the main trunk in CVS be released as
> FileUpload 1.0 Final. I will act as the Release Manager.

> Vote:  FileUpload 1.0 Final Release Plan
> [ ] +1 I am in favor of the release, and will help support it.
> [x] +0 I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it.
> [ ] -0 I am not in favor of the release.
> [ ] -1 I am against this proposal (must include a reason).

dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au