Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/03 16:06:47 UTC

[Licence] Contents of the Symphony web page

Hi all,

Is it allowed to use with AOO the templates and cliparts of the web page of
Lotus Symphony :

http://www-03.ibm.com/software/lotus/symphony/gallery.nsf/home ?

I read the following in the "terms of use" :

[...]

IBM grants you non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited permission to
access and display the Web pages within this site, solely on your computer
and for your personal, non-commercial use of this Web site. Content may be
accompanied by licenses or other agreements, in which case such Content is
governed solely by the agreements under which they are provided. If you
obtain Content from this Web site that is not provided under an agreement,
such Content is not provided as "public domain"; *you may use such Content
for your personal, non-commercial use only and only in connection with your
use of Lotus Symphony*. You may not reverse assemble, reverse compile, or
otherwise *translate the Content into human-readable form* or into another
program language (except as may be specifically permitted by law without
the possibility of contractual waiver).

[...]

So, no translation or possible transmission to students in a course on AOO?

If yes, what text should be sent to give credit to IBM for the files?

 Regards

--

gw

Re: [Licence] Contents of the Symphony web page

Posted by Regina Henschel <rb...@t-online.de>.
Hi Guy,

Guy Waterval schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it allowed to use with AOO the templates and cliparts of the web page of
> Lotus Symphony :
>
> http://www-03.ibm.com/software/lotus/symphony/gallery.nsf/home ?

Many of the cliparts are included in AOO 4.0, which will be released end
of June. You can download a snapshot and test it already. Students of
the course will have the cliparts in their installation of AOO.

Kind regards
Regina

Re: [Licence] Contents of the Symphony web page

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Guy Waterval <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it allowed to use with AOO the templates and cliparts of the web page of
> Lotus Symphony :
>
> http://www-03.ibm.com/software/lotus/symphony/gallery.nsf/home ?
>
> I read the following in the "terms of use" :
>
> [...]
>
> IBM grants you non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited permission to
> access and display the Web pages within this site, solely on your computer
> and for your personal, non-commercial use of this Web site. Content may be
> accompanied by licenses or other agreements, in which case such Content is
> governed solely by the agreements under which they are provided. If you
> obtain Content from this Web site that is not provided under an agreement,
> such Content is not provided as "public domain"; *you may use such Content
> for your personal, non-commercial use only and only in connection with your
> use of Lotus Symphony*. You may not reverse assemble, reverse compile, or
> otherwise *translate the Content into human-readable form* or into another
> program language (except as may be specifically permitted by law without
> the possibility of contractual waiver).
>
> [...]
>
> So, no translation or possible transmission to students in a course on AOO?

It also says, "solely on your computer and for your personal,
non-commercial use".  I'm not sure that is compatible with using in a
non-personal work like a class.

But let me check with the Symphony team to see if this content can be
contributed to Apache.

Regards,

-Rob