Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2013/08/16 14:16:00 UTC

Failures in Gump

Hi all,

for some tests projects in Gump the tests fail as Ant (or rather the
test runner) claims to not have found any tests, for example

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/tomcat-trunk/tomcat-trunk-test/gump_file/TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.descriptor.web.TestSecurityConstraint.NIO.txt.html

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/xmlunit/xmlunit-test/gump_file/TEST-net.sf.xmlunit.util.NodesTest.xml.html

In xmlunit's case only the JUnit4 tests fail, the ones using JUnit3
style tests pass.  They all pass outside of Gump.

It could be a classloader issue but equally well a problem with the Gump
setup.  Running Gump locally is all but trivial so I'll throw in some
debug code in Ant in order to perform System.err debugging with several
hours between iterations.  I promise to remove the logs when I know the
culprit :-)

Stefan

Re: Failures in Gump

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2013-08-16, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> It could be a classloader issue but equally well a problem with the Gump
> setup.

ant-junit4.jar was not part of the CLASSPATH, things look better now.
There still are test failures but they seem to be genuine.

Stefan

Re: Failures in Gump

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Re: Failures in Gump