Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rajat Pandit <ra...@manchitra.com> on 2004/03/15 16:10:56 UTC

extending using struts

Hello All,
let me present a case where i want to extend an old web application by adding modules built on struts. i had an initial review of the struts users on this but i still have some issues. let me attempt to explain the same by providing a sample case which is similar to what i want to do.

There are two servlets ServletA and ServletB. First ServletA is called which sets some objects the request and session objects and then outputs a link (A href link) to the ServletB.
Will ServletB be able to access the these request and session objects without any problems or do i need to modify ServletA.

i am sure about the part that if information is stored in the ServletContext object it can be accessed by all the servlets in that context but otherwise it could be a issue.
considering my case ServletB would be the ActionServlet from struts.

Please do let me know your views about this.
Thanks in advance.

--
Rajat Pandit  | rajat@manchitra.com
System Analyst