Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Alexandre Grunt <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/04 10:23:55 UTC

Ftplet

Hi,

I created my own class Ftplet to trigger processing after a file reception
(STOR or STOU command).I want that if processing fails, the client is
informed of the sending failed by "4xx" ftp code.
Is it possible? If not, the Apache Ftp Server Roadmap provides it?

Regards,

Mr GRUNT

Re: Ftplet

Posted by David Latorre <dv...@gmail.com>.
Hello Alexandre,

With the current ftplet implementation this is not possible. but you can
provide your own STOR/STOU implementation that handles this.  We did have
this very same need and  I just copied the whole source code of the STOR
command and added an invocation to the FTPLet method (so, this method in the
FTPlet must not be called from  afterCommand, but manually by you).

We didn't include such a feature in the roadmap - some of the commands
(STOR, STOU, and probably USER/PASS) would benefit from such a feature but
 there are other ways to achieve the same results right now (although they
can be considered more intrusive).

Cheers,

David