Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Alin Jerpelea <je...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/15 07:01:56 UTC

DISCUSS: migrate licenses to SPDX

 Hi,

It looks like the SPDX standard is used by many businesses and it may have
a major deciding factor when an RTOS is picked for a product

More info regarding SPDX
https://spdx.dev/

Do you think that we should follow the trend and migrate our licenses to
the SPDX format?

Best regards
Alin

RE: DISCUSS: migrate licenses to SPDX

Posted by "Alin.Jerpelea@sony.com" <Al...@sony.com>.
Hi,
From my understanding our project would only replace the current license with

"SPDX-License-Identifier: Apache-2.0" which is suggested in the same page

Best regards
Alin

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html*Apply-My-Software__;Iw!!JmoZiZGBv3RvKRSx!8eeI5bFJkw51EhNao_c2z-Qw1fXSI9Qk76b-9ssVKGA6HlNYchFxjnbm8lPShd7X7jkHErUAnzBzg7oKDq3gH_aCciXg$

Posted by Abdelatif Guettouche <ab...@gmail.com>.
We need to consider this: