Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Pierre Henry <ph...@proconcept.ch> on 2002/12/03 11:52:32 UTC

Share Objects between Jetspeed and a webapp

Hi all.

I want to use a portlet as an entry point for a webapp, (which is written in
UIX and BC4J, Oracle tools for webapp user interface and database layer).
The webapp is an online shop. I would like to have a portlet with some
sumary information (number of articles and such things) and a link to the
application itself. The application would open in a new window. The user
would be able to browse through the shop, and then closse the window and go
back to jetspeed. If he logs out of jetspeed, he should not be able to use
the shop any more. So I would like to share information about the user,
ideally allow the webapp access to the JetspeedUser object, or at least some
authentication information.

How can I achieve this ? The thing is these are two separated webapps, and
the sessions are two different sessions. How can I share objects between the
two webapps ? Should I integrate jetspeed and my webapp into one unique
application ?

Any help greatly appreciated !

Pierre