Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aleksandr Shneyderman <al...@law.columbia.edu> on 2003/10/07 01:45:56 UTC

Strange exceptions ...

We are getting some really strange exceptions like the ones below.
can someone explain what they mean and how do I fix it?
I am getting them in my logs and I am not sure if they are affecting
the users, since they do not complain for some reason, but my gut feeling
is that there are problems, I just can not catch them

We are using Apache SSL fornt and Tomcat 4.1.27 on the back, all on solaris
2.8
jvm sun 1.4.1

INFO: server has been restarted or reset this connection
Oct 6, 2003 7:12:51 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket processConnection
INFO: server has been restarted or reset this connection
Oct 6, 2003 7:16:32 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket processConnection
INFO: server has been restarted or reset this connection
Oct 6, 2003 7:16:42 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket processConnection
INFO: server has been restarted or reset this connection
Oct 6, 2003 7:16:56 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket processConnection
INFO: server has been restarted or reset this connection
Oct 6, 2003 7:25:45 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler action
SEVERE: Error in action code
java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe
        at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.send(ChannelSocket.java:407)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:599)
        at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.action(JkCoyoteHandler.java:385)
        at org.apache.coyote.Response.action(Response.java:222)
        at org.apache.coyote.Response.finish(Response.java:343)
        at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:268)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:360)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:604)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:562)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:679)
        at
a:619)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)