Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Matthew LeMay <ma...@echostar.com> on 2014/07/16 19:21:20 UTC

clearing fieldValueCache in solr 4.6

Hello.  We're just starting to use solr in production.  We've indexed
18,000 documents or so.  We've just implemented faceted search results.
We mistakenly stored integer ids in what was meant to be a string
field.  So, our facet results are showing numbers instead of the textual
values.

After fixing this oversight, reindexing the documents yields the correct
results, but the faceted results still return the integer ids in
addition to the enumerated values (the counts with the integer ids are
zero).

It looks like fieldValueCache is doing this.  Is there any way to empty
the cache?  I've tried reloading the core through the admin, which
didn't work, and haven't been able to find (REST-like) API documentation
on fieldValueCache.  We want to avoid emptying the index, if possible
(or if that would even work).

thanks!

-Matt LeMay

Re: clearing fieldValueCache in solr 4.6

Posted by IJ <ja...@gmail.com>.
One thing you could do is:
1. If you current index is called A1, then you can create a new index called
A2 with the correct schema.xml / solrconfig.xml
2. Index your 18,000 documents into A2 afresh
3. Then delete A1 (the bad index)
4. Then quickly create an Alias with the name of A1 pointng to A2 - This way
your consumers will still think they are talking to A1 - but in fact they
would be querying against the new index.