Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/29 23:40:31 UTC

Wiki Download page cleanup

Hi,

1) Would [1] be a better format & content  for each download page of  than
what we have today [2]?
If yes, I'll start upgrading the pages.

2) We currently use the same page to record download info for technologies.
For example, SCA Native and Java download pages are the same.
It would be cleaner if we separate the pages. For example, a Java SCA and a
Native SCA download page which gets linked to from a common
download page entry point [3]
Does this seem reasonable?

[1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Java+SCA+Download+Page
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/SCA+Downloads
[3] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Tuscany+Downloads

Haleh

RE: Simple use case problem

Posted by Patrick Vanhuyse <pv...@greisch.com>.
Hi Luciano,

I have attached the full code of my sample to the jira issue.

All is in it !

I now use 2 different resolvers. But it doesn't help !

Regards.

Patrick

Re: Simple use case problem

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Patrick

RE: Simple use case problem

Posted by Patrick Vanhuyse <pv...@greisch.com>.
Luciano,

Re: Simple use case problem

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Patrick

Re: Simple use case problem

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Patrick,

RE: Simple use case problem

Posted by Patrick Vanhuyse <pv...@greisch.com>.
Hi Jean-Sebastien,

When I try to load a contributions using

Contribution contribution =
contributionService.contribute("http://test/contribution", new URL(url),
myResolver, false);

with the url pointing to a jar ("jar:file://.../provider.jar!/"), I get the
following error :

Running consumer.ConsumerEmbeddedTestCase
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.11 sec <<<
FAILURE!
testDomain(consumer.ConsumerEmbeddedTestCase)  Time elapsed: 0.079 sec  <<<
ERROR!
java.io.IOException: no entry name specified
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.getInputStream(JarURLConnection.ja
va:112)
        at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1007)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionServiceImpl.add
Contribution(ContributionServiceI
mpl.java:237)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionServiceImpl.con
tribute(ContributionServiceImpl.j
ava:119)
        at
consumer.ConsumerEmbeddedTestCase.testDomain(ConsumerEmbeddedTestCase.java:5
8)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:110)
        at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:128)
        at
org.junit.internal.runners.OldTestClassRunner.run(OldTestClassRunner.java:35
)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:62
)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(Ab
stractDirectoryTestSuite.java:138
)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractD
irectoryTestSuite.java:125)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:132)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireB
ooter.java:290)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:818
)

When I remove the "!/" at the end, I have an error saying that "!/" is
missing !

If I try with a file in the jar, I get a
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.UnsupportedContentTypeException.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

Patrick

Re: Simple use case problem

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

RE: Simple use case problem

Re: Simple use case problem

RE: Simple use case problem

Posted by Patrick Vanhuyse <pv...@greisch.com>.
Hi Simon,

It's in the same VM.

I have sent the full code (a 29K ZIP file) to your e-mail.

Thanks

Patrick

Re: Wiki Download page cleanup

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Haleh, yes it seems so :).  Let me look up and then post back.. thanks.

- Venkat

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Venkat,

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Done!

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Why it shows in [1] and not in [2] ?

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
HI Ant,

This looks in line with what I am imagining.  I have linked up this page to
a SCA Releases page
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/SCA+Releases.  The SCA
Releases pages is futher linked to a Menu Item called 'SCA Releases' under
the Tuscany SCA menu box.

On the SCA Releases page we could list all the SCA Releases - Java, PHP, C++
all under separate sections though.  Right now there is just for SCA Java
Releases with a single entry :)

The Tuscany Downloads page can have two sections 1) Latest Releases (where
will link up the latest release pages one of which is the one you have just
made) 2) Other Releases (where will simply include (using the includ macro)
the SCA Releases, SDO Release and DAS Releases pages)

So for a release - say an SCA release, we need to create a page for the
Release, then add it to the list of links under SCA Releases and update the
Tuscany Downloads page to show it as one of the latest releases.

Finally, when creating a Release page we need to ensure that we create it in
the right page hierarchy i.e for an SCA release, the relase page would go
under Home->SCA Overview->SCA Releases.

All of what is mentioned here for SCA could apply for SDO and DAS as well.

- Venkat

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
There doesn't seem to been much distance between the last two suggestions.
It feels to me like people are starting to talk about the same structure.
Let me try and summarize...

   Downloads
       SCA Java ---> SCA Java Releases
       SCA Native -> SCA Native Releases
       SDO Java --> SDO Java Releases
       SDO Native --> SDO Native Releases
       DAS --> DAS Releases
   SCA Java
        SCA Java Releases
            Latest release --->   SCA 0.90 Release
            M2 ------------------->   SCA M2 Release
            M1-------------------->   SCA M1 Release
   SCA Native
         SCA Native Releases
   etc.

I would hold ActiveMQ up as having quite a nice clear approach to the
Releases and individual Release  pages we are discussing:

Their equivalient of "SCA Java Releases" is
http://activemq.apache.org/download.html
Their equivalent of "SCA 0.90 Release" is
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-411-release.html (note that their change
log appears to be driven directly off of JIRAS as we have been discussing in
another thread)

Their homepage download link points to their equivalent of the "Downloads"
page that Haleh suggested previously (

Posted by Venkata Krishnan <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Simple use case problem

Posted by Patrick Vanhuyse <pv...@greisch.com>.
Hi,

I'm new to SCA and I'm trying to do a little example.

My very simple use case :

A ProviderComponent implemented in Java in a Provider composite. All this in
a jar file.
Alone works fine.

A ConsumerComponent implemented in Java in a Consumer composite in another
jar file.
This component references Provider.
Problem !

When I run the test, I receive an error (see below) :
Composite assembly problem: Component reference target not found:
ProviderComponent
and sometimes it's the ConsumerComponent which is not found.

I'am missing something.

I tried to attach the full code (zip 29K) to this e-mail but it's rejected.
I can send it if somebody could look at it.

Thanks in advance.

Patrick

H:\IT\Logiciel_GI\sca>mvn test
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   Greisch Tuscany SCA
[INFO]   Service Provider Sample
[INFO]   Service Consumer Sample
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
[INFO] Building Greisch Tuscany SCA
[INFO]    task-segment: [test]
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
[INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
[INFO] Building Service Provider Sample
[INFO]    task-segment: [test]
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
[INFO] [resources:resources]
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/wsdl4j/wsdl4j/1.6.2/w
sdl4j-1.6.2.pom
Downloading:
http://www.ibiblio.net/pub/packages/maven2/wsdl4j/wsdl4j/1.6.2/wsdl4j-1.6.2.
pom
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] Surefire report directory:
H:\IT\Logiciel_GI\sca\provider\target\surefire-reports

 T E S T S
Running provider.ProviderTestCase
Arg: Provision
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 4.344 sec

Results :

[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
[INFO] Building Service Consumer Sample
[INFO]    task-segment: [test]
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] Surefire report directory:
H:\IT\Logiciel_GI\sca\consumer\target\surefire-reports

 T E S T S
Running consumer.ConsumerTestCase
Composite assembly problem: Component reference target not found:
ProviderComponent
Consumer Arg: Provision
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at consumer.ConsumerImpl.consume(ConsumerImpl.java:17)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.java.invocation.JavaTargetInvoker.invo
keTarget(JavaTargetInvoker.java:1
12)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.java.invocation.JavaTargetInvoker.invo
ke(JavaTargetInvoker.java:134)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.java.invocation.TargetInvokerInvoker.i
nvoke(TargetInvokerInvoker.java:4
6)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.AbstractInvocationHandler.invoke(Abst
ractInvocationHandler.java:84)
        at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JDKInvoca
tionHandler.java:73)
        at $Proxy6.consume(Unknown Source)
        at consumer.ConsumerTestCase.test(ConsumerTestCase.java:23)
        at
)
[...]
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 7.281 sec

Results :

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Greisch Tuscany SCA ................................... SUCCESS
[0.016s]
[INFO] Service Provider Sample ............................... SUCCESS
[17.781s]
[INFO] Service Consumer Sample ............................... SUCCESS
[10.344s]
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESSFUL
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Total time: 29 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed May 30 13:15:25 CEST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/10M
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------------------------------
---

Re: Wiki Download page cleanup

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On 5/29/07, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tracking page visitors is a bit meaningless due to things like caching isn't
> it?

Well, if the tracking is done via a js embedded on the page, cache
won't affect it, will it ?

While the incubator downloads aren't being mirrored we could just count
> those though (but I think they may be about to start mirroring them)

The count process trough the apache logs, is simple but slow and I'm
not sure a easy and simple way to automate it.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
haleh mahbod wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1) Would [1] be a better format & content  for each download page of
> than
> what we have today [2]?
> If yes, I'll start upgrading the pages.
>
> 2) We currently use the same page to record download info for
> technologies.
> For example, SCA Native and Java download pages are the same.
> It would be cleaner if we separate the pages. For example, a Java SCA
> and a
> Native SCA download page which gets linked to from a common
> download page entry point [3]
> Does this seem reasonable?
>

> [1]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TUSCANY/Java+SCA+Download+Page