Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Otto, Frank" <ot...@delta-barth.de> on 2008/01/11 13:54:38 UTC

struts 2.1 release date

hi,

is there a deadline for struts 2.1 release?

I have download the nightly build, but I can't find the new dojo plugin.

kind regards

Frank

Re: struts 2.1 release date

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
I don't believe 2.1.0 is going to be rated more than a test-build.
Usually, we start with a test-build, and then vote whether to release
the build as a beta. If the feedback is good, we might then raise the
quality of that version to General Availability. Hopefully, this will
happen with 2.1.1 (thought it usually makes more tries than that).

For more about release versioning, see
<http://struts.apache.org/kickstart.html#releases>.

HTH, Ted
 <http://www.StrutsMentor.com/>

Re: struts 2.1 release date

Posted by Frans Thamura <fl...@meruvian.org>.
hi there

how about the 2.1 beta ??

wil we get it?

Re: struts 2.1 release date

Posted by rburton <mr...@gmail.com>.
First I wanted to say that I totally agree with Ted's view about the lack of
support for Struts. I do believe that things for the Struts 2.x project will
pick up now since the Holiday's are over now.

I wanted to extend a personal thanks to all of the developers who contribute
to the Struts 2 project. They spend a lot of their own personal time to make
the project a success.

With that being said, I need to send over some patches myself instead of
slacking. =)

Best Regards,
Richard L. Burton III

Re: struts 2.1 release date

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: struts 2.1 release date

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- "Otto, Frank" <ot...@delta-barth.de> wrote:
> is there a deadline for struts 2.1 release?

No.

> I have download the nightly build, but I can't find the new dojo plugin.

IIRC the plugins are not bundled in the nightly build. They can, however, be
built from source, which is pretty straight-forward with Maven.

d.