Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2018/01/01 10:41:22 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Changing events to include UUIDs, could it break your integration

Hi Michael,

Thanks for sharing, can you confirm if Ubersmith consumes the list of events rather than consume from the cloud_usage.cloud_usage and related tables?

Once you and possibly other users can confirm we can keep the PR off the next release to work with everyone and avoid breaking billing and other integrations, but a refactoring of exporting UUIDs instead of IDs is inevitable in future releases.

As a project, we can't guarantee backward compatibilities on the event description/subject as we've seen minor changes to the text in the past PRs. It is therefore advised that external integrations and tools/vendors should consume from cloud_usage and related tables and not event description tables/lists for processing billings. Thanks.

- Rohit

<https://cloudstack.apache.org>