Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Matt Rutkowski <mr...@us.ibm.com> on 2017/02/20 23:14:06 UTC

GitHub <-> Apache setup using GitBox stuck "MFA Status" remains "empty" after 6 hours

Followed Carlos' instructions to allow cross authentication  between My
GitHub account and my Apache Account.  Both the Apache Account box and
GitHub box indicate all is  OK with a big green checkmark; yet the last
box "MFA Status" remains empty/blank.

How do I fix?  I see Carlos has "write access granted" and below these 3
checkbox areas it lists the repos. (for openwhisk) that he has been
granted write access to.

What do I do to correct?

Kind regards,
Matt

Re: GitHub <-> Apache setup using GitBox stuck "MFA Status" remains "empty" after 6 hours

Posted by Matt Rutkowski <mr...@us.ibm.com>.
OK I just got an email with the subject "<xxx> added you to the The Apache
Software Foundation team openwhisk committers" and another email saying
that I am following the "tutorial project".

BUT when I go back to GitBox (setup) everything is now unchecked.

HOWEVER, when I goto the "tutorials" repo. I can assign labels on new
Issues.

So I think I am set (despite GitBox being reset)?

Posted by Ying Chun Guo <gu...@cn.ibm.com>.
Aha. I found it.
I think I need extra step to enable 2FA.
The blog gives more detail guidance: https://github.com/blog/1614-two-factor-authentication.
Now I'm struggling with setting up using an App or using SMS, and will let you know any updates.

Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)

From: "Matt Rutkowski" <mr...@us.ibm.com>
Date: 02/21/2017 10:12PM

My INFRA ticket was returned (tennis match now perhaps) that reiterates
the instructions I already followed, but also says that I need "an
invitation from the Apache GitHub org.) whic I thought was part of the 3rd
box's step...  he implied I should have gotten an email with the
invitation, but have not as of 21 hours later.

We will see what the response is.

Kind regards,
Matt

From:   Jeremias Werner <je...@gmail.com>
To:     dev@openwhisk.apache.org
Date:   02/21/2017 02:40 AM
Subject:        Re: GitHub <-> Apache setup using GitBox stuck "MFA
Status" remains "empty" after 6 hours

For me it behaves the same, two green check's but MFA Status remains
empty.
I also still don't seem to have write access to the repo.

Kind regards,

Jeremias

Posted by Matt Rutkowski <mr...@us.ibm.com>.
BTW, please enable 2-factor auth in your GitHub account
(settings->security), be sure to save the device codes for recovery and on
the page where they are displayed, click one of the buttons "copy", etc.
which will enable another button that actually says "enable".  Return to
settings->security to see a green checkmark there (then wait for GitBox 20
mins. minimum).

Kind regards,
Matt

From:   Jeremias Werner <je...@gmail.com>