Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by Ryan Daum <rd...@informiam.com> on 2007/04/04 06:16:03 UTC

Other scms...

I know there are more SCM providers than what's on the trunk there -- what
happened to the Mercurial provider (maven-scm-provider-hg) which I submitted
patches to months ago and I was told was transferred to the SVN sandbox
repository? See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-230 ...

Is there a document on the process involved in getting an SCM provider out
into official distribution?  From my experience, commenting and submitting
patches via JIRA doesn't seem to do it, as this work was submitted many
months ago and seems to have been ignored :-)

Ryan

--
Ryan Daum
rdaum@informiam.com

Re: Other scms...

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Ryan Daum a écrit :
> When I committed maven-scm-provider-hg it passed all unit tests.

cool.

> When you say latest code of maven-scm-api, this is what is in the trunk
> of the SVN repository?  If I can get it to build and pass tests there,
> can it graduate to being submitted to the trunk?  If so, what Maven
> release will it come out as part of?

If you update it, I'll move it to trunk.
Maven-SCM isn't part of Maven but it is used alone with the scm plugin or by release plugin, changelog plugin and Continuum.

We'll release Maven-SCM 1.0-beta-5 next week. If your provider isn't there, it will be in the next version.

Emmanuel

Re: Other scms...

Posted by Ryan Daum <rd...@informiam.com>.

--