Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by "Malcolm G. Davis" <ma...@nuearth.com> on 2015/01/22 19:33:52 UTC

Jenkins deployment from Archiva

I would like to create Jenkins job that deploys a war from Archiva.

Is there a specific Jenkins steps or Maven configuration that will read a
war from Archiva and deploy to an application server?

I know many want to auto-deploy after a successful build, but there are
internal QA steps that need to be followed, and there is tracking and
sign-off that needs to occur.   The war is required to deploy from Archiva.

Thanks,
Malcolm

Re: Jenkins deployment from Archiva

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Perso I use tomcat so the tomcat-maven-plugin works fine for that purpose.
The other solution is to use the Jenkins plugin to deploy at the end of
your build. This plugin:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Deploy+Plugin

On 23 January 2015 at 12:05, Malcolm G. Davis <ma...@nuearth.com> wrote:

> Hello Olivier,
>
> If it is easy, can you have an example?
>
> Any app server example will do, and I switch out the app server deployment
> plugin you use for my specific situation.
>
> Thank you,
> Malcolm

Olivier Lamy

RE: Jenkins deployment from Archiva

If there is a maven plugin to deploy it that will be easy.

On 23 January 2015 at 10:24, Malcolm G. Davis <ma...@nuearth.com> wrote:

> I'm not looking to deploy to Archiva, I have deploying to Archiva working.
>
> I want to deploy from Archiva to an application server.
>
> Working: Jenkins -> Archiva
>
> Need: Archiva -> Jenkins -> Application server
>
> Is there a sample Maven pom.xml that will pull from Archiva internal
> (release) and send to an application server?
>
> Thank you,
> Malcolm
>
> btw: The Archiva user name & password can be stored in the Maven super
> pom, avoiding the need to configure Jenkins

Olivier Lamy

Re: Jenkins deployment from Archiva

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
depends on your target app server.
If there is a maven plugin to deploy it that will be easy.

On 23 January 2015 at 10:24, Malcolm G. Davis <ma...@nuearth.com> wrote:

> I'm not looking to deploy to Archiva, I have deploying to Archiva working.
>
> I want to deploy from Archiva to an application server.
>
> Working: Jenkins -> Archiva
>
> Need: Archiva -> Jenkins -> Application server
>
> Is there a sample Maven pom.xml that will pull from Archiva internal
> (release) and send to an application server?
>
> Thank you,
> Malcolm
>
> btw: The Archiva user name & password can be stored in the Maven super
> pom, avoiding the need to configure Jenkins

Olivier Lamy

RE: Jenkins deployment from Archiva

--
Olivier Lamy