Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/24 08:00:39 UTC

Re: Spellcheck: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: read past EOF

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 1:14 AM, ranjitr <co...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Solr 1.3 reported the following error when our app tried to query it:
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: read past EOF
>                at
>
> org.apache.solr.spelling.IndexBasedSpellChecker.build(IndexBasedSpellChecker.java:91)
>                at
>
> org.apache.solr.handler.component.SpellCheckComponent.prepare(SpellCheckComponent.java:108)

Can you post the complete stack trace (i.e. the underlying exception's stack
trace as well)?

When this error occured, our solrconfig.xml had spellcheck.build set to
> true. This was a configuration eror on our part. I was wondering if the
> spellcheck index being re-built for each query could have caused the above
> exception to occur.

I don't know. Rebuilding the index for each query is not a good idea
anyways.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.