Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/05 04:22:02 UTC

Invalid Version when slave node pull replication from master node

HI solrusers

   I'm testing the replication within SolrCloud .
   I just uncomment the replication section separately on the master and
slave node.
   The replication section setting on the  master node:
    <lst name="master">
         <str name="replicateAfter">commit</str>
         <str name="replicateAfter">startup</str>
         <str name="confFiles">schema.xml,stopwords.txt</str>
       </lst>
 and on the slave node:
  <lst name="slave">
         <str name="masterUrl">http://10.7.23.124:8080/solr/#/</str>
         <str name="pollInterval">00:00:50</str>
   </lst>

   After startup, an Error comes out on the slave node :
80110110 [snapPuller-70-thread-1] ERROR org.apache.solr.handler.SnapPuller
?.Master at: http://10.7.23.124:8080/solr/#/ is not available. Index fetch
failed. Exception: Invalid version (expected 2, but 60) or the data in not
in 'javabin' format

 Could anyone help me to solve the problem ?

regards

Re: Invalid Version when slave node pull replication from master node

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Whoa! You should _not_ be using replication with SolrCloud. You can use
replication just fine with 4.4, just like you would have in 3.x say, but in
that case you should not be using the zkHost or zkRun parameters, should not
have a ZooKeeper ensemble running etc.

In SolrCloud, all updates are routed to all the nodes at index time,
otherwise
it couldn't support, say, NRT processing. This makes replication not only
unnecessary, but I wouldn't want to try to predict what problems that would
cause.

So keep a sharp distinction between running Solr 4x and SolrCloud. The
latter
is specifically enabled when you specify zkHost or zkRun when you start Solr
as per the SolrCloud page.

Best
Erick

Posted by YouPeng Yang <yy...@gmail.com>.