Posted to user@poi.apache.org by HuBin <hu...@msn.com> on 2010/05/27 12:23:54 UTC

Create VBA (macro) to an Excel with POI!

Hi,

I have some questions regarding Creating VBA (macro) to an Excel with POI:

1) Can I use POI to write (export) VBScripts macros to an Excel spreadsheet (.xls) file?

    If yes, then what version of POI (HSSF) do I need? Could you give me an example?

A warm thank you!

Regards,

Hu Bin

SkyDrive电子画册,带你领略精彩照片,分享“美”时“美”刻!
http://www.windowslive.cn/campaigns/e-magazine/ngmchina/?a=c

Re: Create VBA (macro) to an Excel with POI!

Posted by MSB <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
No, POI is not able to create or edit VBA macros currently. Typically, users
create macros in a template workbook using Excel then open and populate that
workbook using POI. POI has been designed to pass through unchanged anything
it finds in an input file that it does not 'understand' and, as a result,
macros are passed through from the template file to the output one
unaltered.

Yours

Mark B

Posted by Zachary Mitchell <za...@internode.on.net>.
I know that this can be done using free software.  I'm simply unaware of
macro support with POI at this time (v3.6).

There are ways to acheive this through COM and or .Net >v3, I'm pretty sure.