Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl> on 2018/11/07 09:18:33 UTC

How to know all the issues resolved for 2.4.0?

Hi,

I've been trying to find out the issues that are part of 2.4.0 and used the
following query:

project = SPARK AND resolution in (Resolved, Done, Fixed) and "Target
Version/s" = "2.4.0"

I got 202 issues. Is that correct? What's the difference between the
Resolution statuses: Resolved, Done, Fixed? When is an issue marked as
either of them?

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://about.me/JacekLaskowski
Mastering Spark SQL https://bit.ly/mastering-spark-sql
Spark Structured Streaming https://bit.ly/spark-structured-streaming
Mastering Kafka Streams https://bit.ly/mastering-kafka-streams

Re: How to know all the issues resolved for 2.4.0?

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Use the Fix Version instead. Target Version is only used occasionally
to mark that a JIRA is intended for a release. It isn't set on most of
them that are rapidly created and resolved.

There is some explanation of the few Resolution statuses that are used
consistently, in http://spark.apache.org/contributing.html under
"Contributing to JIRA Maintenance". The Resolution field is pretty
consistent but not 100% filled out according to these guidelines.