Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Artem Ervits <ar...@nyp.org> on 2013/08/20 22:02:56 UTC

Installing Ambari 1.2.4.9 and hit by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-2374

Hello all,

I'm running a reinstall of Ambari on a cluster and just ran into the issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-2374. It says fix was in 1.2.4 but I am running  1.2.4.9 and not sure why this was still happening. I did compare /tmp folder on a machine that had issues with a machine that didn't and there were other parameters in fstab on /tmp where it didn't work. Mounting the machine with similar parameters as the successful machine worked. I also was able to specify which user to use as sudo in the add host UI, so I am not sure which change exactly did it for me. So just bringing to your attention.
rpm -qa returns below:
ambari-agent-1.2.4.9-1.x86_64
ambari-log4j-1.2.4.9-1.noarch

Artem Ervits
Artem@nyp.org<ma...@nyp.org>
New York Presbyterian Hospital

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank you.

RE: Installing Ambari 1.2.4.9 and hit by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-2374

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@nyp.org>.
On another note, sometimes I get hit with this error as well if I initially remove /etc/oozie/ folder on a reinstall.

org.apache.oozie.service.ServiceException: E0100: Could not initialize service [org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService], could not find action configuration directory: /etc/oozie/conf/action-conf

Confidential Information subject to NYP's (and its affiliates') information management and security policies (http://infonet.nyp.org/QA/HospitalManual).