Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Amit Gadaley <am...@hotwaxsystems.com> on 2017/11/14 09:02:17 UTC

RMA process

Hello Everyone,

In RMA process, there are two types of return items i.e. Refund and
Replacement. Actually, there are few more types but consider these two to
focus on the actual problem.

CASE 1: Create return with return items of type 'Refund'. When return is
received, an invoice is created to refund to the customer.
*Issue: *No Issue

CASE 2: Create return with return items of type 'Replacement'. When return
is received, a sales order with order total zero ($ 0) is created against
return. And, can be processed as usual.
*Issue: *An Invoice is created against the return. I think it should not be
created as an order is already created in replacement of received items.

Please feel free to add your views and comments.
--
Thanks and Regards,
*Amit Gadaley <https://about.me/amit_gadaley>* | Senior Enterprise Software

<https://about.me/amit_gadaley?promo=email_sig>

Re: RMA process

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1, makes sense, though for instance Amazon is creating invoice with 0 (zero) amount for such case. I was surprised by this, OFBiz can do better ;)

I did not look into details, but *if the user has enough information about the replacement* I see no reasons to create a void invoice.

So please check this condition. I guess Amazon uses a void invoice as a place holder, again not necessary, and IMO even confusing if you have links
and info about the replacement

Thanks

Jacques

Re: RMA process

Posted by Sanjay Yadav <sa...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1 to the solution proposed for the issue reported in case 2,  if
replacement is done with the similar item and type is not serialized.

Best Regards,

*Sanjay Yadav* | Manager, Enterprise Quality Assurance
HotWax Commerce <http://www.hotwax.co/> by HotWax Systems
<http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>
80, Scheme No. 78, Part II, Indore, M.P. 452010, India
Mobile Phone: 787 918 8830 | Linkedin: Sanjay-Yadav
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanjay-yadav/>

HotWax Systems recently received 8 mentions in *The Gartner Digital
Commerce Vendor Guide, 2016 *by Gartner, Inc., the world's leading IT
research and advisory company. Learn more about our research here
<https://www.gartner.com/technology/media-products/newsletters/HotWax/1-2UVLP6M/index.html>
.
[image: Inline image 1]