Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Deenesh <da...@tecin.mu> on 2002/08/28 08:50:44 UTC

pdfbox on solaris

Hi,
i am using the pdfbox on solaris 8 and am trying to index a pdf file which is around 1 mb.

I am getting a java.outofmemory error.

Though the same code works fime under windows.

Has anyone get the same problem?? Any suggestion?

Thanks
Deenesh

Re: pdfbox on solaris

Posted by Ben Litchfield <be...@csh.rit.edu>.
I know that there are some memory issues with some documents.  The next
release of pdfbox fixes some of these.  Although I am not sure why it
would run differently under windows than solaris.  Off the top of my head
maybe the solaris JVM uses more memory per object than the windows JVM.
The easiest workaround is to increase the maximum heap size(mhs) of the
jvm using the -Xmx option of the jvm.

Example:

java -Xmx128m <java app>

The default mhs of java is 64m since JDK1.2 so maybe try 128 or 256.

-Ben

http://www.pdfbox.org

Re: pdfbox on solaris

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I don't see a stack trace, so I am not sure if the problem is with
parsing the PDF document, or indexing the output of that parser.

If the former, this is the wrong place to ask.
If the latter, please provide more info (stack trace, java command
line, Lucene version, etc.)

Thanks,
Otis