Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Luca Morandini <l....@tin.it> on 2001/02/08 07:59:01 UTC

Stored Procedure Taglib 0.1.0

Sirs,

    I've completed the first version of this Cocoon taglib for executing
Stored Procedures  (which are pieces of procedural code embedded in a DBMS)
, I would appreciate if you could test it, both code and documentation.

    As of now, it is just a pre-release, for instance, I wasn't able to test
it on a DBMS other than Oracle.

    It would be great if someone of you could replicate the SPOraTest.sql
Oracle package for other DBMSes.

Thanks in advance,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
            lmorandini@ieee.org
          +39 0744  59 85  1 Office
          +39  335 681 02 12 Mobile

RE: Stored Procedure Taglib 0.1.0

Posted by Luca Morandini <l....@tin.it>.

Hmm... sounds cool, where can I find an NNTP server for Apache ?

Best regards,

Posted by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Luca Morandini wrote:

> 	thanks for your suggestion, I put it to good use... but I still think a
> newsgroup would be much better than a mer mailing list.

You can setup a local newsserver with a local cocoon-users newsgroup and
route all the mails to it and the postings back to the list.

Some providers offer that service, too, check the lists.* hierarchy in
your provider's newsserver, he may already have cocoon-users in it. If not
it's easy for him to add it.

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung

RE: Stored Procedure Taglib 0.1.0

Posted by Luca Morandini <l....@tin.it>.
> Use a filter to put all cocoon-user mails in a separate folder.
> That's what I do
> and I'm subscribed to more that a dozend lists without having
> problem reading them.
> The positive effect is that you can concetrate on a specific
> topic (ie. Cocoon)
> when you check your mails in those folders.

Giacomo,

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luca Morandini <l....@tin.it>.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Luca Morandini wrote:

>     I've completed the first version of this Cocoon taglib for executing
> Stored Procedures  (which are pieces of procedural code embedded in a DBMS)
> , I would appreciate if you could test it, both code and documentation.
>
>     As of now, it is just a pre-release, for instance, I wasn't able to test
> it on a DBMS other than Oracle.
>
>     It would be great if someone of you could replicate the SPOraTest.sql
> Oracle package for other DBMSes.

looks fun, though i wish it was a patch for the esql logicsheet rather
than a standalone one. nonetheless, it looks like you put some time and
care into its development (docs, dtd, etc. wow!) . if you put it up on the
web somewhere, i'd like to add a link to it from the 3rd party section on
cocoon's site. if your license permits (i didn't see one), i might like to
steal some of your code for the esql logicsheet.

- donald