Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Yixiao Lin <yi...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2014/07/14 18:17:13 UTC

Is blueprints specific to HDP?

Hi all,

Please correct me if I am wrong.
The blueprints can be used for Ambari to point existing HDP stacks on clusters, so we don't have to deploy HDP through web wizard.

Questions:
Is blueprints specific to HDP? Would I be able to register a non-HDP cluster by manually create a blueprint?

Thanks
Yixiao Lin

Re: Is blueprints specific to HDP?

Posted by Srimanth Gunturi <sr...@hortonworks.com>.
Hello,
Yes, blueprint allows deploying Ambari supported Hadoop stacks onto a group
of hosts without using web wizard.

Blueprints is not specific to HDP. It can handle any Hadoop stack defined
in Ambari.
More details about defining your own stack are available at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=38571133
Regards,
Srimanth

--