Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Sidney Markowitz <si...@apache.org> on 2021/03/15 21:14:02 UTC

Preparing for 3.4.5 release - 3.4.5-rc2 on its way

KAM has passed the mantle of release manager for 3.4.5 to me for the final
steps, and I'm preparing a 3.4.5-rc2 now. When it is available, I would like
everyone who can to give it a quick test so we can move on to a vote as soon
as possible about approval to rebuild it as a release 3.4.5.

To that end, I have committed a draft of the announcement text and would
appreciate it get reviewed ASAP:

trunk/build/announcements/3.4.5.txt

I've noted in the announcement that we intend to have no more development, bug
fixes, or releases in the 3.4 branch unless another sufficiently important
security issue requires it.

Committers, since this is documentation, not code, and in any case not in the
3.4 branch, that file is not subject to the RTC code freeze 3.4 is now under.

Thanks,

  Sidney Markowitz
  Chair, Apache SpamAssassin PMC