Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mathias Homann <ad...@eregion.de> on 2006/12/12 14:46:36 UTC

How can i make spamd use recipient adresses as keys in mysql tables

Hi,

I'm running spamassassin 3.1.7 on a redhat box that is not an endpoint mta but sort of an
inbetween mta between our external MX and several internal machines.
So, most of the mails that spamd sees on it have recipient adresses that are not local users,
but still valid, which leads to AWL entries with the username spamd (which is the local user
spamd is running as). Whenever a mail does arrive for a user local to that box, the AWL
entries (and username keys in the user_prefs mysql table) use the actual username.

What do i need to do to be able to use recipient adresses as keys in the user_prefs table and
the AWL?

I'm starting spamd like this:

# Options to spamd
SPAMDOPTIONS="-d -l -q -x --max-children=100 --min-children=10 --min-spare=15 --max-spare=50"

bye,
MH

--
Die unaufgeforderte Zusendung einer Werbemail an Privatleute verstößt gegen §1 UWG und §823 I
BGB (Beschluß des LG Berlin vom 2.8.1998 Az: 16 O 201/98). Jede kommerzielle Nutzung der

Re: How can i make spamd use recipient adresses as keys in mysql tables

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Mathias Homann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running spamassassin 3.1.7 on a redhat box that is not an endpoint mta but sort of an
> inbetween mta between our external MX and several internal machines.
> So, most of the mails that spamd sees on it have recipient adresses that are not local users,
> but still valid, which leads to AWL entries with the username spamd (which is the local user
> spamd is running as). Whenever a mail does arrive for a user local to that box, the AWL
> entries (and username keys in the user_prefs mysql table) use the actual username.
>
> What do i need to do to be able to use recipient adresses as keys in the user_prefs table and
> the AWL?
>
> I'm starting spamd like this:
>

> # Options to spamd
> SPAMDOPTIONS="-d -l -q -x --max-children=100 --min-children=10 --min-spare=15 --max-spare=50"

pass the recipient address to spamc as the -u parameter.

(note this is spamC not spamD you need to change)