Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Werner Rudolf <wr...@gmx.net> on 2005/04/15 02:03:37 UTC

[Newbie question] XSL select with parameter isn't working w/ full XPATH expression

Hello,
this simple example below is working w/ Cocoon:
URL:	http://localhost:8888/c2/systems.html?xpa=Active
XSL:	<xsl:for-each select="/systems/system[status=$xpa]">

For a simple application, it would be very usefull, if I could pass full
XPATH expressions with the URL to gain better flexibility for queries.
Something like:
XSL:	<xsl:for-each select="$xpa">

I've been told to use xalan:evaluate($xpa), but then I get an "org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler for" error.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Werner