Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Anthony Moon <an...@moving-picture.com> on 2017/11/06 17:45:29 UTC

RE: Capture keyboard input?

Just gonna give this a bump..

From: Anthony Moon [mailto:anthony-m@moving-picture.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 10:31 AM
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Capture keyboard input?

Hi all,

Just wondering if Gauc has the ability to capture all keyboard input? I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally closed the whole tab while typing (CTRL + W)..

Please let me know if this is a possibility, thanks!

Anthony Moon, Senior System Administrator
MPC Film
T +1 604 689 1081 | C +1 604 329 0174
London - Vancouver - LA - Bangalore - Montréal
moving-picture.com/film<http://moving-picture.com/film>

RE: Capture keyboard input?

Posted by Ryan Underwood <ry...@greymarketlabs.com>.
Ah, I misunderstood and that makes sense since you mentioned closing windows... So you want to "ignore" a key or key combination? I don't think it's built-in but I would start with the JS libraries. Between guacKey.js and Keyboard.js you can probably add a bit of code to ignore keys/key combos you want ignored. Sorry if I'm still misunderstanding what you're asking for. AFAIK, there's no Guacamole UI for configuring keys or key combos you want to ignore; for that I would defer to the experts.
Regards,
-Ryan

From: Anthony Moon [anthony-m@moving-picture.com]
To: user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org<ma...@guacamole.incubator.apache.org> [user@guacamole.incubator.apache.org]
Just gonna give this a bump..

Re: Capture keyboard input?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 12:50 PM, Anthony Moon <an...@moving-picture.com>
wrote:

> Hi Ryan,
>

> I am not looking to log keyboard events, I’d like to find a way for
> keyboard hot keys/combos to be ‘captured’ within the active session and not
> interrupted by the client OS (things like CTRL + ALT + DEL or CTRL + W).
>

> Do you know if this is possible or shall I submit a feature request?

Anthony,
Yes, this is possible, but not by any sort of existing configuration -
you'd have to modify the source code of Guacamole to capture the specific
key strokes you're interested in.  The Guacamole client uses this with CTRL
+ SHIFT + ALT to display the user menu on the left-hand side of the page
while you're connected.

Regards,
Nick

RE: Capture keyboard input?