Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/23 00:53:45 UTC

OpenEJB Maven

Hi all,
    What is the proper way to run/test EJBs via Maven and OpenEJB, if there
is a way?  Ideally, I'd like to be able to run something similar to what the
jetty6 plugin provides.  Any help with this would be great.

Take care,

Jeremy

Re: OpenEJB Maven (example)

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Aug 23, 2006, at 10:20 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Aug 22, 2006, at 3:53 PM, Jeremy Whitlock wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>    What is the proper way to run/test EJBs via Maven and OpenEJB,
>> if there
>> is a way?  Ideally, I'd like to be able to run something similar
>> to what the
>> jetty6 plugin provides.  Any help with this would be great.
>
> Is this Maven 1 or Maven 2?
>
> Maven 1:  http://theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?
> l=ContainerDrivenTestingSeries
>
> Maven 2:  "we do it in our own build, we just don't have a small
> example.  you want to help?"

Alright.  I created a small example and even tweaked our deploy code
so it could be simpler than ever.

Give this a try and let me know how it goes:

$ svn co https://svn.codehaus.org/openejb/trunk/openejb3/examples/
helloworld-stateful-pojo
$ cd helloworld-stateful-pojo
$ mvn clean install

That's a small sample project that tests an EJB.  It contains the
following files:

./pom.xml
./src
./src/main
./src/main/java
./src/main/java/org
./src/main/java/org/acme
./src/main/java/org/acme/FriendlyPerson.java
./src/main/java/org/acme/FriendlyPersonComponent.java
./src/main/java/org/acme/FriendlyPersonImpl.java
./src/main/resources
./src/main/resources/META-INF
./src/main/resources/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml
./src/test
./src/test/java
./src/test/java/org
./src/test/java/org/acme
./src/test/java/org/acme/FriendlyPersonTest.java

-David

Re: OpenEJB Maven

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Aug 22, 2006, at 3:53 PM, Jeremy Whitlock wrote:

> Hi all,
>    What is the proper way to run/test EJBs via Maven and OpenEJB,
> if there
> is a way?  Ideally, I'd like to be able to run something similar to
> what the
> jetty6 plugin provides.  Any help with this would be great.

Is this Maven 1 or Maven 2?

Maven 1:  http://theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?
l=ContainerDrivenTestingSeries

Maven 2:  "we do it in our own build, we just don't have a small
example.  you want to help?"

:)

-David

Re: OpenEJB Maven

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 8/23/06, Jeremy Whitlock <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>     What is the proper way to run/test EJBs via Maven and OpenEJB, if there
> is a way?  Ideally, I'd like to be able to run something similar to what the
> jetty6 plugin provides.  Any help with this would be great.

Hi Jeremy,

I don't think it's doable without a bit of coding. By the way, what
Maven version are you talking about - v1 or v2? Would you mind if I
asked you about the details of the jetty6 plugin to give me some
insight on what you really want? It should not be a big deal to
implement it since the infrastucture is there, but in a form of
separated bits that Maven could not use as is ;-)

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.laskowski.net.pl