Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by SCHULLER Tom <to...@ist.lu> on 2000/10/19 12:54:23 UTC

10k differents view-possibilites (OutOfMemoryError)

Hello,

I'm a student from Luxembourg/Europe and I'm developing the internetsite for
my highschool.

All the pages (xml/xsl) are finished now I need to put them on the net.
There are +- 3400 different pages to view, in further time +- 10000. When
I'm reaching a certain amount of pages, either je JVM is getting me a
OutOfMemoryError, or the Cocoon-Engine is sending me that the System is out
of memory).

This is my configuration:
	P3 300
	RAM 128MB
	RedHat 7.0
	JDK 1.3 from Sun
	Tomcat 3.1
	Cocoon 1.8
I get this error also when I say for NoCache using. Is this a
GarbageCollector bug.

Has somebody a valid configuration for a such large site.

Thanks,
  Tom

Re: 10k differents view-possibilites (OutOfMemoryError)

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, SCHULLER Tom wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a student from Luxembourg/Europe and I'm developing the internetsite for
> my highschool.
>
> All the pages (xml/xsl) are finished now I need to put them on the net.
> There are +- 3400 different pages to view, in further time +- 10000. When
> I'm reaching a certain amount of pages, either je JVM is getting me a
> OutOfMemoryError, or the Cocoon-Engine is sending me that the System is out
> of memory).
>
> This is my configuration:
> 	P3 300
> 	RAM 128MB
> 	RedHat 7.0
> 	JDK 1.3 from Sun
> 	Tomcat 3.1
> 	Cocoon 1.8
> I get this error also when I say for NoCache using. Is this a
> GarbageCollector bug.

strongly recommend trying jdk-1.2.2 from blackdown or sun - i've heard
(and experienced) stability issues and memory leaks with the 1.3 jdk under
linux still. make sure you apply the redhat 7.0 patch (glibc?) that fixes
problems with the sun jdk.

- donald