Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Gaurav <ga...@ecom.aptech.ac.in> on 2002/02/05 18:08:38 UTC

SOAP in handheld devices

Hi all,

Can you SOAP experts help me out.. I have a hand held device (basically a bar code reader) which needs to send real time data to weblogic server. device reads some information and then it has to connect to iPlanet web server, which in turn puts the data into Oracle databse. Device is not allowed to open raw sockets to servers and has to talk to web server through HTTP. It makes sense to have aSOAP service runnin on iplanet and hand held device sends data in SOAP packets which are then ransfered by webservice to databse. As fas as good. Now has any of you used this kind of thing in real time applications?? Also how can I make my hand held device (CLDC) to transmit   SOAP packets....Any comments are welcome

Regards.

Re: SOAP in handheld devices

Posted by jason pollard <ja...@yahoo.com>.
I've made a 3k package which allows you to do what you want to do here.  It was originally written for the NTT docomo i-mode (with an app size limit of 10K), but since that uses the CLDC, you should be able to easily adapt it to your needs.  It's bare bones, and not compliant with anything.  In fact, it's never been used in production, but....It's free & open source :-).  Contact me offlist if you'd like a copy.

--Jason

  There is an implementation of SOAP for handheld devices....
  It is open source, and is available at

  http://ksoap.org/

  Hope that it helps.

  With Warm Regards,
  Paramdeep
Posted by dovle <do...@delsyne.ro>.
Hello,
Yes, I think it's a good implementation of SOAP but I can't figure it out how
to make it work under CLDC.

It works perfectly well on MIDP, but on raw CLDC ... I could not make it
work.

If someone has managed to make it work only with cldc then please tell me
how.

Thanks
dovle

Re: SOAP in handheld devices