Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Erik Dasque <ed...@silverstream.com> on 2001/06/06 19:08:53 UTC

[ANN: SilverStream releases complete XML RPC/SOAP environment]

Hi,

I thought you might be interested in the following product release announce
:

--
[ANN: SilverStream releases complete XML RPC/SOAP environment]

SilverStream unveiled on June 4th a beta-release of its JBroker Web product,
a complete XML RPC/SOAP environment :

jBroker® Web is a complete XML RPC environment for building, running, and
invoking Web services using Java:

* Supports writing Web service interface using WSDL as well as Java
* Complete set of compilers to convert WSDL to Java and vice versa and for
generating client and server XML RPC glue (stubs and skeletons) code
* High-performance and scalable SOAP 1.1 runtime over HTTP transport
* Extensive support for producing XML from Java objects and vice versa.
* Leveraged by SilverStream eXtend workbench to create Web services from a
Java class or an EJB (also includes a UDDI browser and local registry as
well an a WSDL editor)

Both jBroker and SilverStream eXtend workbench betas can be downloaded now
at :
http://extend.silverstream.com/workbench/app/jsp/jbrokerweb.jsp (JBroker
Web)
http://extend.silverstream.com/workbench/app/jsp/about.jsp (SilverStream
eXtend workbench).

jBroker Web has an extensive set of features:

* Compilers
	WSDL to Java compiler
	Java RMI to SOAP compiler
	Java RMI to WSDL compiler
* XML RPC runtime
	Portable stubs and skeletons
	Supports pluggable XML protocols, encodings and transports
	SOAP 1.1
	Encodings - SOAP, Literal
	Transports - HTTP, HTTPS
	Plugs in to any J2EE compatible server
* JNDI support for looking up Web services
* Dynamic Proxy support
* Security support
	Basic and Digest Authentication
	HTTP/SSL support
* XML/Java Type Mapping (including basic types, most java.lang and java.math
types, Date, Remote, Map, Set, List, arrays and Elements)
* Custom types
* Easy-to-use stream-based serialization

High Performance and Scalability

jBroker Web has a very low footprint and high performance runtime with a
very flexible architecture. Initial tests have shown Web services written
using jBroker Web and deployed on a commercial J2EE application server to be
able to handle over 500 requests per second

Sincerely,

Erik Dasque
Product Manager
SilverStream eBusiness Solutions
2 Federal Street
Billerica, Massachusetts, 01821, USA
Phone:  (978) 262-3316
Fax:    (978) 262-3499
e-mail: erik@silverstream.com

CData Response payload

Posted by Naggi Rao <na...@softhome.net>.
Hi ,
we are sending some text (html) data as a response from my web service,
which offcourse is embedded in  CDATA, but strangely its loosing all the
Carriage return and line feed information.
Is it the XML parser (at the recieving end) messing up or has it got
anything to do with SOAP ?
I am pretty sure there is nothing  to do with SOAP..but I would appreciate
any inputs which might help me.

Cheers,
Naggi

RE: [ANN: SilverStream releases complete XML RPC/SOAP environment]

Posted by Erik Dasque <ed...@silverstream.com>.
Anthony, all

I sent the email to the soap-dev mailing list because I thought that its
members may indeed be very interested, not so much in the product maybe, but
in the approach we have taken to the soap/java issue, leveraging the RMI
programming model. I believe it might also be an interop test opportunity
also. jBroker Web has been tested on Apache and work very well and seems to
be very very fast (500 messages/seconds on a basic 1cpu dev box). Also, I
thought that the list members would be interested in the wizards we provide.

I might be totally wrong and if so do appologize for that but I believe the
list remains always curious about initiatives in the Java/SOAP space and it
is a great opportunity to see what we believe is a unique approach so far
(and very close to what JSR101 is working on). I have clearly not sent that
email to get customers from the list for this beta release nor the final
release.

Again, if I am wrong, I humbly apologize, my goals being as far from spam
marketing as any member of this list.

Ed.

Posted by Anthony Holland <an...@zenaptix.com>.
Dear Erik Dasque

I may indeed be interested, but I am interested in something else also.

Where did you get my email address? And was the below email in fact from you?
I have recieved a couple of other renegade emails addressed to what apears to