Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by hammett <ha...@uol.com.br> on 2003/09/08 13:28:50 UTC

Avalon.Net - zip attached (1)

CSContainer and CSFramework should be extracted to a common folder.
Log4Net and NUnit not included.

hammett

Re: RES: RES: Avalon.Net - zip attached (1)

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@ThoughtWorks.net>.
Hammett,

>>>Besides the jokes,
>>>

>>I was not joking.  There were feelings about the size of your postings
>>by others...
>>   "These 80-100k mails are getting somewhat heavy, aren't they? "
>>

>I was in some posts but you haven't notice.

It was in the posts ?  Yes, I saw that.

My posting (to which you now reply), concerned the fact that you thought
I was joking (your use of the term "besides the jokes").  I replied that
I was not joking and included some excerpts of other people's postings
to add weight to the fact that the size of postings to this mail list
was an issue :-)

copy on CVS, leave out the CVS dirs too.

 >>> I proposed another structure to CVS dirs.

>>I do not understand what you are saying re CVS dirs ... sorry.
>>

>Did you see the post "Avalon.Net" ?

Yes.  I'm sorry, your use of the phrase "I proposed another structure to
CVS dirs", in reply to my "Leave out the suo files of course. And when
you are basing youir copy on CVS, leave out the CVS dirs too", cause me
to be confused. It appeared that your reply was a different thing
entirely to my "Leave the suo files [..]" line. You now confirm this :-)

><snip/>
>
>But as I said in the very same post I don't think this proposed project
>should be on CVS now. It's quite instable even for a sandbox.

That bit I did miss. For which I am sorry.

- Paul

--
http://www.thoughtworks.com -> The art of heavy lifting.
Home for many Agile practicing, Open Source activists...

Re: RES: RES: Avalon.Net - zip attached (1)

Posted by hammett <ha...@uol.com.br>.
> I was not joking.  There were feelings about the size of your postings
> by others...
>    "These 80-100k mails are getting somewhat heavy, aren't they? "

I was in some posts but you haven't notice.

> I do not understand what you are saying re CVS dirs ... sorry.

Did you see the post "Avalon.Net" ?

<begin_quote>
I made several modifications in framework project and pratically rewritten
the container project, so it's now using a different project tree:

cscontainer
  + AvalonContainer
    . Attributes
    . Configuration
    . Factory
    . Lookup
    . Util
  . AvalonContainerTest
  + Samples
    . Components
    . Web
  . bin (binary, pdb and config files used by Test Cases)

csframework
  . AvalonFramework
  . AvalonFrameworkTest
  . bin
</begin_quote>

But as I said in the very same post I don't think this proposed project
should be on CVS now. It's quite instable even for a sandbox.

Thanks

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@ThoughtWorks.net>.
Berin,

>>> Besides the jokes,
>>
>> Hammett, if you'd like to email them to me privately, I will commit
>> them.
>> I was not joking.  There were feelings about the size of your
>> postings by others...
>>   "These 80-100k mails are getting somewhat heavy, aren't they? "
>>
>> I was trying to be helpful. Also taking on the responsibility I had
>> volunteered for given I effectively blocked your arrival as a committer.
>

> The comment for the 80-100k mails was made with a smiley (denoting a
> joke),
> and as a prod to hurry up and grant commit access.

In my set of emotecons usage I'd use :-) to denote a smile, and ;-) to
represent tongue-in-cheek comments. I appreciate that since I started
using them (pre-web, Fidonet, CIX etc), use of :-) had broaden for
non-seriousuness too.

It is not so important anymore....

- Paul

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Paul Hammant wrote:

> Hamilton,
>
>>> Hammett, if you'd like to email them to me privately, I will commit
>>> them.
>>

>> Besides the jokes,
>
> I was not joking.  There were feelings about the size of your postings
> by others...
>   "These 80-100k mails are getting somewhat heavy, aren't they? "
>
> I was trying to be helpful. Also taking on the responsibility I had
> volunteered for given I effectively blocked your arrival as a committer.

The comment for the 80-100k mails was made with a smiley (denoting a joke),
and as a prod to hurry up and grant commit access.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: RES: RES: Avalon.Net - zip attached (1)

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@ThoughtWorks.net>.
Hamilton,

>>Hammett, if you'd like to email them to me privately, I will commit
>>them.
>>

>Besides the jokes,

I was not joking.  There were feelings about the size of your postings
by others...
   "These 80-100k mails are getting somewhat heavy, aren't they? "

I was trying to be helpful. Also taking on the responsibility I had
volunteered for given I effectively blocked your arrival as a committer.

>this is Avalon-Dev, and it's important that everyone
>involved acknoledge any suggestion and designs from projects related to
>Avalon someway. I really want to hear from Berin, Stephen, Chris and you
>what do you think about the proposed kick-off project.

Fine, after my first commit for you, submit patches for review. This is
the usual idea.

Is everyone fine for me to apply the patch. ?

Posted by Hamilton Veríssimo de Oliveira <ho...@bvtibusiness.com.br>.
> Hammett, if you'd like to email them to me privately, I will commit
> them.

Besides the jokes, this is Avalon-Dev, and it's important that everyone

Re: RES: Avalon.Net - zip attached (1)

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@ThoughtWorks.net>.
>> Sorry, I don't have CVS commit privilegies ;-)
>>
>> hammett

them.  Leave out the suo files of course. And when you are basing youir

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
ROTFL

:-)

Hamilton Veríssimo de Oliveira wrote:

>Sorry, I don't have CVS commit privilegies ;-)
>
>hammett

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

Re: RES: Avalon.Net - zip attached (1)

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Monday 08 September 2003 22:48, Hamilton Veríssimo de Oliveira wrote:
> Sorry, I don't have CVS commit privilegies ;-)

Yeah, bombard the mailing list with 1MB files until get commit privs.... New
strategy ;o)

Niclas

RES: Avalon.Net - zip attached (1)

Posted by Hamilton Veríssimo de Oliveira <ho...@bvtibusiness.com.br>.
Sorry, I don't have CVS commit privilegies ;-)

hammett

Enviada em: segunda-feira, 8 de setembro de 2003 11:45
Para: Avalon Developers List
Assunto: Re: Avalon.Net - zip attached (1)

Hello, gentlemen!

Re: Avalon.Net - zip attached (1)

Posted by Anton Tagunov <at...@mail.cnt.ru>.
Hello, gentlemen!

Re: Avalon.Net - zip attached (2)

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Monday 08 September 2003 20:35, Hamilton Veríssimo de Oliveira wrote:
> My last attempt :-(
>
> Hope this works.

Looks like it is not only for me that the Apache mailing lists are slow
today...

Niclas

Avalon.Net - zip attached (2)

Posted by Hamilton Veríssimo de Oliveira <ho...@bvtibusiness.com.br>.