Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by AnujK <re...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/17 02:42:37 UTC

SFTP via proxy not possible?

For SFTP, JSCH allows connection through HTTP proxy.

However, per the documentation, there seems no support for specifying proxy
Host and proxy port via the camel FTP2 component.

Our code needs to talk to an SFTP server via an HTTP server proxy.

Any options?

Re: SFTP via proxy not possible?

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
You can try code from this thread maybe?
http://camel.markmail.org/message/mvkbquj4xphs3cta?q=sftp+proxy

Let us know if it works too :)

Cheers,
Jon

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:12 PM, AnujK <re...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For SFTP, JSCH allows connection through HTTP proxy.
>
> However, per the documentation, there seems no support for specifying proxy
> Host and proxy port via the camel FTP2 component.
>
> Our code needs to talk to an SFTP server via an HTTP server proxy.
>
> Any options?

Cheers,
Jon
---------------
FuseSource
Email: jon@fusesource.com
Web: fusesource.com
Twitter: jon_anstey
Blog: http://janstey.blogspot.com
Author of Camel in Action: http://manning.com/ibsen

Re: SFTP via proxy not possible?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 2:42 AM, AnujK <re...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For SFTP, JSCH allows connection through HTTP proxy.
>
> However, per the documentation, there seems no support for specifying proxy
> Host and proxy port via the camel FTP2 component.
>
> Our code needs to talk to an SFTP server via an HTTP server proxy.
>
> Any options?

You can help by contributing

For example can you point to the JSCH documentation how to configure
the HTTP proxy.

You may consider providing a patch for the camel-ftp component with
this new feature.
And log a JIRA ticket as well.

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource