Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Gilles Schlienger <s_...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/20 10:11:48 UTC

Re : ibatis db pool or dbcp

In our case, we started by using the dbcp library packaged with tomcat 5.5, but we ended up having strange long delays
with long requests, so we switched to c3p0 and since then everything is fine.

Gilles

________________________________
De : Nathan Maves <na...@gmail.com>
À : user-java@ibatis.apache.org
Envoyé le : Mardi, 20 Janvier 2009, 5h06mn 11s
Objet : Re: ibatis db pool or dbcp

both are production quality

dbcp is a more configurable but requires a 3rd party lib

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Rick <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Zsolt Koppany <zk...@intland.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> which database pool is recommended for production usage? The pool shipped
> with ibatis or dbcp?
>
> We use ibatis 2.3.4.726.

I'm curious about this also. I heard the ibatis common pool is fine
for production. Are you better off using dbcp or one that is provided
by a container?- I don't really know, and would be interested on
thoughts by those that know a heck of a lot more about it than me.