Posted to dev@eagle.apache.org by "Dendukuri, Hemanth" <hd...@ebay.com> on 2016/03/04 01:56:32 UTC

Cannot svn commit the release for eagle.

Hi All,

I am not abel to commit eagle release artifact to https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/eagle/

The artifact I am trying to commit is 363 MB in size.

Error message :
svn commit apache-eagle-0.3.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz -m "Eagle Incubating Release 0.3.0 main Artifact"
Adding (bin) apache-eagle-0.3.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz
Transmitting file data .svn: E175002: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E175002: PUT request on '/repos/dist/!svn/txr/12608-atn/dev/incubator/eagle/0.3.0-incubating/apache-eagle-0.3.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz' failed

Note : I am able to upload other files.

I filed a infrastructure ticket for this issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-11372 . Please let us know you thoughts on this issue.

Regards
Hemanth

Re: Cannot svn commit the release for eagle.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Sorry, my previous message sounded snippy. I meant to say: concentrate
on the source release, and don't worry about binaries. If it is a good
release, your users will be able to build it easily enough. After all,
they are by definition early adopters at this point.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Liangfei.Su" <su...@gmail.com>.
+1 for source release at this stage.

btw: To track the reason of we get 300M+ binary packages is that eagle
packages its core contains
1. tomcat jars (for start eagle-service)
2. multiple independent jars which are all-in-one jars, topology and
userprofile (monitoring apps for deployment)

So to resolve the upload limit size issue, we might need to provide
separate packages like what tomcat does (admin/embed..) with revised
tutorial to help user ramp up.

Ralph

Posted by Edward Zhang <yo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.